[GRASS5] compiling CVS on IRIX and Win32/Cygwin

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Fri Mar 23 07:35:47 EST 2001

Andreas Lange wrote:

> Hi 2 all,
>
> i can now compile the lates CVS source on IRIX 6.5 with gcc 2.95.2.
> But i still have to use a lengthy configure line that defines all
> libraries and include directories and have to remove the
> -I/usr/freeware/include line to gcc manually.
> Even nviz 2.2 compiles, but the executable crashes with a segmentation
> violation (see attached output). Any help?
>
> output of nviz2.2:
> --
> Mitas L., Brown W. M., Mitasova H., 1997, Role of dynamic
> cartography in simulations of landscape processes based on multi-variate
> fields. Computers and Geosciences, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 437-446
> http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/viz/nviz.html
> The papers are available at
> http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/
> gs_init_normbuff
> Unable to load map
> child killed: segmentation violation
>     while executing
> "exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
> /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script elevation=globe-dem
> -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
>     ("eval" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
> $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $CMD -name NVIZ
> >&@stdout"
>     (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz2.2" line 92)
> Finished - press RETURN or ENTER to continue
> --
Hello,

Will NVIZ start in quick mode for you (-q). This would tell us if there
is a problem with the executable or a data loading problem. Also, you
might try renameing the DEM file to something without a dash (-). In the
past I have found filenames with dashes can be a problem.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting