[GRASS5] Re: [bug #223] (grass) d.zoom segfaults

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geog.uu.nl
Tue Mar 20 12:32:07 EST 2001

Sorry about my previous post -- I intended to send it to Job in
private, but overlooked the Reply-To field. Now I owe you a translation:

spijker at geo.uu.nl wrote:

> The solution (or: my solution) is the following diff for find_file.c. I
> can submit it to the CVS but I don't like to mess with libraries and I
> don't know if there is a 'philosophy' behind the original method.
>
> 54c54,56
> <       strcpy(mapset, xmapset);
> ---
> >       if (!mapset=="") {
> >           strcpy(mapset, xmapset);
> >       }

Be careful about comparing mapset directly to ""; please try the
example program below to see why.

A more defensive solution might be:

   if (mapset != NULL && *mapset != '\0') {

(it doesn't need to know whether mapset is a character array or a
pointer to a character).
--
Edzer