[GRASS5] r.in.gdal's problems with projections is G_get_window() problem.

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Mar 17 01:06:25 EST 2001

I've been wondering why r.in.gdal has problems handling imports of
Arc/Info TIFF's into GRASS for a while.  Anyway, I can use the override
switch, but then the cell resolution and extents are not properly set
(gets the defaults nrows/ncols, resolution = 1.0).

Does it work or would it help if an Arc/Info style .prj file was
present?  GRASS really needs fully functional Arc/Info TIFF
compatibility (and r.in.tiff is a mess).  If the GDAL/OGR stuff can
translate the Arc/Info style .prj file already, then maybe just a change
to the documentation would be sufficient (to note the capability).  If
GDAL/OGR doesn't already support the translation, is there another way
to get r.in.gdal to handle this scenario (so that it gets the affine
parameters from the tiff world file, but overrides the projection info
that'd be in a GeoTIFF)?

Thanks for your time...
--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>