[GRASS5] sockets question

Glynn Clements glynn at sensei.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 04:56:56 EST 2001

strobe anarkhos wrote:

> Oh well I guess I'll have to somehow get a current source tree. I
> don't suppose anybody can tarball it, I can't use CVS easily because
> I'm on a modem, but I can download an archive from a faster ISP.

There are tarballs of CVS snapshots available. Having installed the
tarball, you can then use CVS for periodic updates. See:

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/snapshot/

As for your comments regarding the user interface, have you looked at
OSSIM (ossim.org)? This is currently the opposite of GRASS (i.e.
modern UI but no real functionality yet). I do know that they are
planning on a "bridge" to GRASS.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn at sensei.co.uk>