[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Mar 12 23:53:01 EST 2001

Hi Bill

Bill Brown - staff wrote:

> Hey Justin,
>
> I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 here as well.  The offsetof is being defined
> in stddef.h, included via stdio.h, as:
>
> #if defined(_COMPILER_VERSION) && (_COMPILER_VERSION >= 400)
> #define offsetof(t, memb) ((size_t)__INTADDR__(&(((t *)0)->memb)))
> #else
> #define offsetof(s, m)  (size_t)(&(((s *)0)->m))
> #endif
>
> ..and the first definition is being used.  I'm using gcc-2.95.2 - any
> way to find out if it is defining _COMPILER_VERSION?

You may try the -d<x> options to gcc where x is one of a number of
letters. My quick attempt at producing a list of defined variables only
produced a list of variables defined in header files, not those defined
by the compiler. However, from one of Andreas's posts, he had a link to
somebody with a similar problem. The solution was that the compiler was
using the SGI system stddef.h file, but with gcc, you apparently need to
use the gcc stddef.h file. On my system, after installing gcc from the
SGI freeware site, the gcc stddef.h file is located in

/usr/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.2/2.95.2/include/stddef.h

So, I think you and Andreas will need to search that directory before
/usr/include.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,