[GRASS5] r.contour update

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Mon Mar 12 02:53:09 EST 2001

Hi everybody,
yesterday Markus has commited a bug fix and
enhancement version of r.contour that I have hacked during the weekend.
What's new:
* category support bug has been fixed: r.contour2 produces also
  dig_cats file, so d.what.vect no more complain about missing
  category support. Since a contour level could be floatig point
  I've inserted in the label the true value, whilst category number
  remains its integer equivalent ( ===> so there may be problems if
  one asks for fp contour levels that match the same integer number, I
  haven't tested that case);
* a little trick (derived from GMT contour program) avoids some
  kind of backtrack (well, I was thinking any kind of backtrack, but
  Justin showed me that I was wrong :-) : data matrix is parsed,
  and if a cell whose data matches exactly
  a contour value its value is added a small quantity (the smaller
  one that makes cell[i] + small != cell[i], I've taken into
  consideration double encoding).
* one can specify a minimum number of point for a contour line to
  be put into outout, so that small spurs, single points and so
  on won't be present and the output will be more clear (that's
  optional anyway);
* in my opinion there were minor memory handling problems in

  r.contour,  I've corrected them (Head.map_name was not guaranteed
  to be properly terminated, Points structures in contour function
  were not deallocated).
Markus has corrected some remaining bugs as well.
Bye
Andrea Aime