[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Mar 9 11:14:04 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 09:20:18AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:25:54PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> [...]
> > This may not be an NFS problem. I tried to test Andreas's situation
> > (database directory mounted through NFS) and received similar errors.
> > Just for the heck of it, I tried running d.mon start=x0 with a local
> > database and received errors similar to what Andrea and Markus have
> > posted. To try to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong I decided to
> > try as clean a setup as possible. That is
> >
> > create a new grass directory
> > create a new database directory
> > store a fresh version of spearfish in new database directory
> > get a complete checkout of grass
> > configure --enable-postgres=no
> > make
> > bin.ARCH/grass5
> >
> > Then with the new database d.mon start=x0 gives
> >
> > GRASS 5.0beta12 > d.mon start=x0
> > Usage: x0 [nlev]
> > No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
> > Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> > No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
> >
> > So, I think the socket code is broken since I could use them without
> > problems before. Perhaps this is the same problem for Andreas' NFS
> > problem? Just thought I'd let you know.
>
> Time to investigate ... I recompiled again on Solaris with
> no avail (so I won't touch my Linux as I need it for work).
>
> What could have happened?
> Those not knowing, you can make local "Changelog" files with
>   cvs2cl.pl
> from
> http://www.red-bean.com/~kfogel/cvs2cl.shtml
>
> I checked the XDRIVER directory but could find any problem.
> May it be related to README.xdriver? Or did we miss anything
> when making sockets default? It seems not to work since
> sockets are default.

You didn't miss the AC_DEFINE(USE_G_SOCKS) in the --with-socket case
statement in configure.in?  It seems that the define is not being set.
Therefore, the wrong code is being compiled in d.mon/pgms/start.c.
Sorry, haven't gotten a chance to update my CVS since sockets was made
the default.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>