[GRASS5] Problem with sockets on Linux

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 8 04:36:13 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:00:37AM +0100, Andrea Aime wrote:
> I've tried make distclean, but without success, I always get the
> same error. Before "make distclean" I also deleted my installation
> directory and my .grassrc5. Please note that I install with a different
> prefix (that should not make any difference, but I don't understand
> where the error is). Any other ideas? Some way to get more detailed
> error logs?
> Bye
> Andrea

To confirm: The same problem occurs on SUN/Solaris. No effect with
make distclean and a complete re-compile (I tried twice). There must
be a recent bug... (another reason to clean out the unused driver stuff).

Regards

 Markus

> Justin Hickey wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrea
> >
> > Andrea Aime wrote:
> > >
> > > I've just updated my CVS (this afternoon at 16:00), run again
> > > configure make and make install... when I try to start x0, (d.mon
> > > start=x0) I get "no socket to connect to for monitor <x0>". What's
> > > wrong?
> >
> > You may have already done this but try
> >
> > make distclean
> > configure
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > If your previously compiled version was not with sockets enabled, then
> > some of the d.* commands need to be re-compiled. That means the object
> > files need to be removed.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> > High Performance Computing Center
> > National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> > Bangkok, Thailand

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984