[GRASS5] XEXTRALIBS and -lsocket

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Mar 7 22:30:22 EST 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:59:07PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:52:50PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > Hi Markus
> >
> > Sorry for acting like a stick in the mud concerning the -lsocket thing.
> no problem!
[snip...]
> Still I agree, to add inconsistencies is not a good idea. Maybe we can
> make this exception as all the Makefile stuff is subject to change
> soon.

Yea, will need a short-term fix for GRASS 5.0.  I expect a ground up
rewrite of the build system for 5.1, or do I misunderstand something?

It makes sense that the X macros catch the linker flags, since X does
have a bit of networking code ;)

> BTW: GRASS/CVS now compiles on SUN/Solaris *without* any compile error :-)
>
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > BTW: Shall we tag the release branch (or whatever it is calles now)
> > > today from src/CMD/lists/GRASS ? Weather is nice, so we could start
> > > to release the GRASS stable...
> >
> > The only issue left is cleaning out the fifo and ipc code.

And outstanding bugs...

> > So, I see no problem with creating a release branch.
> Fine. Anyone else?

I'm working on some more d.area fixes (Note: I introduced a subtle bug
last night by accident...); Also, need to do some work on d.mon --
sometimes (especially with CELL driver) the selection code of d.mon
doesn't succeed.  Running d.mon select=DRIVER will work.  There's a
timing issue with how long it takes the CELL/PNG/HTMLMAP driver to start
up -- hence d.mon is trying to test the connection before the driver is
ready.  There are also, the various other RT bugs...

Apologize that it takes a long time for me to comment.  My ISP is
suffering brain damage and mails are being delayed by as much as 24
hours...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>