[GRASS5] Re: Known Solaris 7 issues with beta 11]

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Mar 5 23:54:05 EST 2001

Hi Markus and Frederico

Markus Neteler wrote:
> > 2) solaris tar is quite stupid:
> >
> >       tar cBf - bin/  gives error while
> >       tar cBf - bin   is ok (yes its the slash at the en the
> > problem
> >
> > so it wont install unless i do not modify the Makefile accordingly.
> Does
>  tar cBf - bin/*
> work?
> Justin, what do you think?

Isn't Solaris 7 the OS that has a whole slew of problems compiling
Grass? I would suggest that we contact the other Solaris 7 users to see
if they have the same problem first, and if they had a different
solution. Then we can see what works best for everyone.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center