[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 5 04:38:12 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:53:36AM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > hi all bison/yacc friends,
> >
> > I have added a "bison" test borrowed from PHP4. It searches for
> > bison and replaces the name in the head file.
> >
> > However, it doesn't seem to recognise "yacc" properly if bison is
> > not present (I don't fully understand the bison test).
> >
> > On Linux no problem, but the CRAY complains (as usual):
> > checking for flex... lex
> > checking for yywrap in -ll... yes
> > checking for bison... no
> > checking for byacc... no
>                ^
> Is the "b" correct, or should it be looking for just "yacc"?
>
> Just a wild guess without looking at any code.

Bingo! But I just changed in "configure"...

checking for bison... no
checking for yacc... yacc
configure: warning: You will need bison/yacc as required for various GRASS
modules.

However, how to tell configure.in about it?

It seems to be an autoconf bug (see configure):

  for ac_prog in 'bison -y' byacc

should be

  for ac_prog in 'bison -y' byacc yacc

How can we fix this?