[GRASS5] Grass 5.0Beta11: snprintf problems on SUN

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 2 14:47:19 EST 2001

Hi developers,

here a report of Gordon on snprintf problems...
Actually I have no suggestion how to fix this.

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 07:04:12AM -0700, gordon.haverland at gov.ab.ca wrote:

> Hello Markus,
>   Conditions here required me to download GRASS 5 again, and so I set up a
> CVS
> tree this time.  So, the source is current as of Wednesday I believe.
> Anyway, this
> is running on a UltraSPARC-2, Solaris 2.5.1 and gcc 2.95.2.
>
> In compiling src/display/d.db, some function in main.o assumes snprintf is
> available. On this old a version of Solaris, it isn't.  I must have 2 or 3
> versions of snprintf from things like Samba and LPRng around here, so I'll
> just use one of those. This error continues in a bunch of other modules
> (src/display/d.profile is next).
>
> In src/raster/r.in.png, a call for png.h generates an error.  I don't
> believe I have PNG installed on this machine (yet).  Did configure miss
> this?
Gordon, the current makefile system doesn't allow to ignore modules
when libs are missing. However, those will be ignored and won't break
the compilation (any more) as you will have seen. We fix this in 5.1.

> Have a great day.
> Gord
Regards

 Markus