[GRASS5] Re:

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Fri Mar 2 03:54:15 EST 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Aha, I see. So no (easy!) way to distinct between the version error
> and other tcl/tk errors?

We could use the error code, but if the script fails due to a system
error we don't know what that error code is. Thus, it is difficult to
guarantee a unique error code.

> Well, the version message is quite useful. In this case we should
> keep the message as is (perhaps adding "libraries" to be very clear
> here for newcomers).

I changed the message to read as follows:

 Sorry your version of the Tcl/Tk libraries is 7.6 and is too
 old for GRASS which requires a Tcl/Tk library version of 8.0 or later.
 Reverting default settings back to GRASS text mode interface.
 Error in Tcl/Tk startup. If necessary, please
 Switching to text mode now.
 Hit RETURN to continue...

If there is any other error the output is

 Error in Tcl/Tk startup. If necessary, please
 Switching to text mode now.
 Hit RETURN to continue...

Is this OK?

--