[GRASS5] [bug #740] (grass) d.legend in 5.0.0pre1

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 23 05:17:53 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=740

Subject: d.legend in 5.0.0pre1

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: RedHat
linux cpu: AMD (K6, ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
Xwindows manager: GNOME
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: Hannover site
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: no, I got a source code package from the server, GRASS
5.0.0pre1
c compiler name: gcc

d.legend is extremely slow with fp-maps and uses lots of memory. Displaying a
legend with 6 entries takes about one minute of time and 50 MB of memory.

grass5beta11:
GRASS:~/Projekte/GRASS > time d.legend map=hypo_utm.dat_diff.map color=black
lines=32

real
0m0.054s
user
0m0.030s
sys
0m0.010s

grass50pre1:
GRASS:~/Projekte/GRASS > time d.legend map=hypo_utm.dat_diff.map color=black
lines=32

real
0m47.505s
user