[GRASS5] [bug #742] (grass) Large XDRIVER in 5.0pre1

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed May 23 11:46:40 EDT 2001

Request Tracker wrote:

> Subject: Large XDRIVER in 5.0pre1

> When displaying floating-point data (with d.rast, d.legend, d.colormode)
> XDRIVER uses lots of memory.

XDRIVER itself doesn't display floating-point data; it must first be
converted to either char or int by displaylib.

I need more details (i.e. a specific test case using publicly
available data, plus details of the Visual being used) before I can
look into this. Simple tests don't show anything odd.

> Keeps this size after displaying command is done.

That's inevitable; it's just the way that malloc/free work.