[GRASS5] GRASS5.0.0pre1 on cygwin/Windows 2000

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu May 24 13:51:52 EDT 2001

Hi,

i just updated my cygwin installation. There is a new cygwin dll that
solves some of the problems that i found using the grass modules
recently.

But recompiling the latest pre release code did not fix the X related
problem.

The X Driver/Monitor starts, a black, empty window displays, but the
display modules (d.mon, d.rast etc.) can not connect to the grass
monitor. The monitor can not be closed with the mouse nor with d.mon
stop..., it even is not killed if the StarNet X Window system is shut
down. Only a direct kill with the Task Manager removes the process of
the XDRIVER. Then a stackdump is left behind.

If someone has ideas what to check, please tell me. It once worked with
this setup.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net