[GRASS5] Re: Terminal Errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sat May 26 19:23:24 EDT 2001

On Saturday, May 26, 2001, at 10:57 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

>> Now to compile pre1....
>
> Markus:  Shall I upload a tarball with instructions?
> Yes, please. But while compiling - let's get this "-s" to work to
> reduce the binary size. I can't believe that MacOSX is failing here.

What I meant about uploading is a tarball of ncurses 5.2, not a build of
pre1.  What is the ftp address again?

However, at last gcc (2.9.5 based) is available for Mac OS X, I am
downloading the source right now.  So hopefully it will support
stripping.

Also equally exciting is it has "partly working" support for the AltiVec
unit.  Code _can_ run several magnitudes faster compiled with AltiVec
support...

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner