[GRASS5] Vask changes

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu May 31 19:31:44 EDT 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > Perhaps we should wait until the V_stuff is fixed? Glynn, Huidae, do
> > you have a timeline for this?
>
> I've commited the initial changes (remove ASIAN_CHARS macro; the 7-bit
> wrapping has gone altogether).
>
> I'll do the more substantial changes to vasklib today or tonight.

I've now commited these.

The main change is that V_call() now has curses process the escape
sequences for extended keys, rather than using hardcoded definitions.

Extended keys (cursor keys, Home, End) should now work on any terminal
which has a correct termcap/terminfo entry.

One possible disadvantage is that if the termcap/terminfo entry is
broken, you will get undesirable results. This seems most likely to
happen with xterm, which has many configuration options which impact
upon the necessary terminal description.

The main one of relevance here is the sunKeyboard resource,
corresponding to the [+/-]sp command line flag and the "Sun Keyboard"
(or "VT220 Keyboard" in recent XFree86) menu option (Ctrl + left mouse
button). This affects whether the escape sequences generated by
Home/End are the Sun versions or the VT220 versions.

BTW: I tagged the previous version of V_call.c with "pre-curses-fix",
in case anyone needs the original breakage (to match a broken
terminfo).