[GRASS5] Terminal Errors (was: nothing to do with r.reclass)

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Thu May 17 19:22:53 EDT 2001

On Thursday, May 17, 2001, at 01:27 PM, andy agena wrote:

> this sounds a lot like the problem i had, except mine was 'error
> opening terminal: vt100'.  strobe solution was  to the directory where
> your spearfish directory is (i.e. if its found in /opt/spearfish, cd
> /opt) and enter the following:
>
> 	grass5 spearfish/PERMANENT
>

>> I was trying out the GUI a bit and if I choose Create New Location in
>> the GRASS opening dialog, the program crashes (maybe). At least, it
>> disappears.
>>
>> Here is the message when the program seems to disappear:
>>
>> Error opening terminal: xterm.

Yes, I used Andy's "fix" to launch Grass.  That is fine, thanks.

However, if I try and use g.region (command line or GUI) to create a new
region, I get the error "Error opening terminal: xterm." inside XFree86,
and inside of a "Aqua" Terminal window, I get "Error opening terminal:
vt100."

Now, typing in "grass5 spearfish/PERMANENT" will not help me create a
new region, so I am stuck and if g.region doesn't work, what else?  It
used to work with Mac OS X public beta.

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner