[GRASS5] r.reclass

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Thu May 17 07:50:20 EDT 2001

"Roger S. Miller" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Was anyone taking on the bug in r.reclass that produces an error when a
> user enters floating-point category numbers?  I have run into that problem
> myself, so I wouldn't mind fixing it.  Just scanning the code I can see
> some readily fixable problems.
>
> I don't want to go any further if someone else is already working on it.
> Others certainly know more than I do about the inner workings of
> reclassification, so before I go on I have a second question.  Is it even
> possible to reclassify a CELL raster map with FCELL or DCELL category
> numbers, thus getting a reclass map that is a different type from the
> original map?
>
> Roger Miller
> Lee Wilson and Associates

Roger,

The routines used in r.recode use the routines defined in the GIS lib in
the file fpreclass.c (libes/gis/fpreclass.c). These routines allow for
reclassification to and from all three raster types (CELL, FCELL, &
DCELL).

Rather than trying to fix r.reclass, it might be easier to make r.recode
accept the same classification rules as r.reclass.

Hope this helps.
--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting