[GRASS5] r.reclass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu May 17 00:54:38 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 07:52:56PM -0600, Roger S. Miller wrote:
> "Eric G. Miller" wrote:
>
> > Roger, floating point handling should only go one way (i.e. on the input
> > side).  It makes no sense to do a reclassification in floating point
> > numbers (i.e. the reclass is *not* continuous data).  Just my 2¢.
>
> You lost me there, Eric.  Can you describe more what you mean or maybe
> give me an example?

What I mean, is a reclassification is essentially categorical/interval.  Can
you see why anyone would want to do a reclass of a floating point as another
floating point?  Not to mention the weirdness of representing some
floating point numbers exactly...  Anyway, I see these scenarios:

CELL  -> CELL
FCELL -> CELL
DCELL -> CELL

If you want to allow all the possible mappings, go ahead.  I'm just not
sure it makes any sense...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>