[GRASS5] [bug #268] (grass) v.in.shape generating errors; log file inadequate

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 16 16:10:56 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=268

Subject: v.in.shape generating errors; log file inadequate

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro:: RedHat
linux cpu:: Intel (i486, i586, pentium ...)
Xwindows version:: Xfree 3.3.6
Xwindows manager:: Xfce
TclTk version:: tcl/tk 8.2
grass downloaded at:: CVS Server, Germany
grass binary for platform:: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source:: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS
c compiler name:: gcc

1.) Running v.in.shape I specify a verbosity of 9. A lot of information flies by on the screen, but it's not written to the log.file. Writing to the log file whatever is generated by the verbosity level will make debugging much easier.

2.) While the data translates, I get a large number of PNT_TO_AREA failures, and many duplicate label errors. Neither should occur. I can send a sample data file for use in debugging.

  I just built the May 15, 2001 CVS snapshot and am using that to generate these errors.