[GRASS5] memory leakage in r.sunmask

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri May 11 11:51:25 EDT 2001

Hi all,

unfortunately there seems to be a memory leakage in r.sunmask (which
calculates cast shadows in a DEM). I am trying to find the bug, but
cannot find it.
If you run the module on a DEM with 1000x1000 pixels or more, you
may see that more and more memory is used... Here it regularly
crashes part of the system as no overflow protection is present.

I would be glad to receive hints how to trace down the bug.
src/raster/r.sunmask/main.c

It must occur within the loops... Here it consumed in a
1700x2000 DEM more than 100MB already when processing the
100th line. Later half the system would die.

Thanks in advance,

 Markus