[GRASS5] NVIZ update

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue May 8 03:43:46 EDT 2001

Hi Bob,

thanks for these updates. Here some test results:
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 04:07:57PM -0300, Bob Covill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have applied some change to NVIZ and the ogsf library.
>
> NVIZ is now started with the script "nviz" not "nviz2.2".
>
> All commands are handled by the G_parser and NVIZ should exit gracefully
> when incorrect parameters or flags are used.
that's working well.

> The interactive version (no options) is working with parameters and
> flags supplied from prompt. Simply type "nviz".
working well.

A problem occurs when trying to load a non-existing raster map:

nviz elev=notthere
WARNING: unable to find [notthere] in [(null)]
WARNING: unable to open raster map [notthere in (null)]
Not able to open cellfile for [notthere]
WARNING: unable to find [notthere] in [(null)]
WARNING: unable to open raster map [notthere in (null)]
Not able to open cellfile for [notthere]
Adding panels from /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts
Nv_(panels)
toplevel made
child killed: segmentation violation
[...]

For vector it is o.k.:
[...]
Can't find vector file notthere.
[...]

For sites also o.k.:
[...]
Can't find sites file notthere.
[...]

Could you look into this again?

> I have updated the loading status for rasters and vectors where the
> percent complete is shown.
Working, too.

> I have added a catch for the memory check when loading raster data. This
> allows a graceful exit if there is not enough system memory to load the
> data.
Perfect!

> To incorporate the above changes update the ogsf library and NVIZ2.2.
>
> If there are any problems or questions let me know.

Beside above minor problem I cannot see further difficulties. Thanks!

 Markus