[GRASS5] [bug #812] (grass) [cygwin] r.out.tiff dumps core

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Nov 9 09:07:17 EST 2001

Request Tracker wrote:

> Subject: [cygwin] r.out.tiff dumps core

> Running r.out.tiff dumps core for my rasterfile on the cygwin platform.
> The same operation (identical file, same GRASS release) works fine on
> SuSE Linux.
>
> The stackdump file reports a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

We would need to see the actual backtrace in order to resolve this
issue. The backtrace would need to contain function names, which means
that the binaries need to have not been stripped.

To the list: can we remove the "-s" flag from the default LDFLAGS
setting? I can understand wanting to reduce the size of binary
distributions, but developers shouldn't (IMHO) be running stripped
binaries.

You should be able to force the use of "-s" with e.g.

	LDFLAGS=-s ./configure ...

But disabling it is more awkward (modify src/CMD/head.<platform> after
running configure).