[GRASS5] Suggestion: d.leg.thin -> d.legend

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 20 17:55:47 EST 2001

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 09:13:25AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 04:00:01AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > > since d.legend has quite limited usability and d.leg.thin
> > > is much better, I propose to replace d.legend with d.leg.thin
> > > (delete d.legend, rename d.leg.thin -> d.legend).
> > >
> > > Any objections?
> >
> > How about merging the two? AFAICT d.legend's "show=" option isn't
> > available in d.leg.thin.
>
> Yes - that will be the best. Unfortunately I don't have the time
> these days, sorry.

If tutorials have one of the commands included,
we should replace the one we want to get rid of with a message
that it is depreciated and you should use the recommended one.
We also should make sure that we do not loose functionality.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)