[GRASS5] Unix Sockets directory change...

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Oct 9 11:12:50 EDT 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:50:43 +0200, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:25:08AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:24:08PM -0700, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> > > I modified the unix socket routines to always use /tmp/grass-$USER/
> > > as the directory.  This should overcome some problems with NFS
> > > mounts.  Hopefully this works okay for everyone.
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> unfortunately there is a related bug:
>
> GRASS:~ > d.rast dtm10
>  100%
> GRASS:~ > d.what.rast
> Failed to get socket name for monitor <x0>.
> ERROR: No graphics device selected

I suspect some sort of incomplete recompilation at work here.  All the
d.* modules should eventually be getting the socket file descriptor
from the same place, so it doesn't make sense why some would work and
others wouldn't.  But I'm seeing the same.  I'm doing a clean compilation
at the moment, but must go to work now...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>