[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2594] RE: d.area: areas filled with various colors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Oct 22 11:22:48 EDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:59:15AM -0400, Beaudry Charles (NORANDA) wrote:
> Markus,
>
> I saw your new d.area with -f.  Looks good.  Does it actually read the
> attribute data from the database and use some sort of look up table to
> assign the colors or are the colors assigned by hand?
>
> Charles

Hi Charles,

no, unfortunately it just cycles through the color table,
resetting to color 1 after color 13.
There is a need to develop "v.colors" in my opinion.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it