[GRASS5] XDRIVER changes between 5.0.0pre2 and now?

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Oct 30 15:57:08 EST 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > But I also don't know what I could have done wrong. I didn't have any
> > of these problems when using the code at the head of CVS, nor when
> > using the grass5.0.0pre2 tar file. And I'm not sure that I compiled
> > the code any differently. What changes have happened to the XDRIVER
> > code between 5.0.0pre2 and now?
>
> I'll have to get back to you after checking "cvs log".

Actually, very little. You can get complete details with:

	cvs diff -r release_13_september_2001_grass5_0_0_pre2 src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24

Expose events were removed from the default event mask, as they're no
longer used.

Try changing line 50 of src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Graph_Set.c
to:

	u_long gemask = ExposureMask | StructureNotifyMask;

and let me know if that fixes the problem.

I have no idea why ClientMessage events wouldn't work; they are
delivered regardless of the event mask, and their handling hasn't
changed since pre2.