[GRASS5] Darwin Pre2 Config Errors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Sep 22 10:47:58 EDT 2001

jeshua wrote:

> > > checking for location of GD includes... /usr/local/include
> > > checking for gd.h... yes
> > > checking for location of GD library... /usr/local/lib
> > > checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> > > checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> > > checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> > > checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... no
> > > configure: warning: *** Unable to locate GD library.
> >
> > GD often requires PNG, so this may just be a consequence of the PNG
> > failure.
>
> It got further now that PNG works, but I am getting a "Undefined
> symbols: _gdImageGif.

[snip]

> Does gd need to be built with GIF support or something?
>
> checking for gdImageGif... no
> checking for gdImagePng... no

Only one of these two functions needs to be found. If gdImageGif is
present but gdImagePng isn't, the PNG driver will actually create a
GIF image instead of PNG. If both are found, PNG is used.

Originally, only PNG was supported. I changed it because the GD
library which comes with RedHat 6.2 only supports GIF.

It's possible that your version of GD only supports PNG (hence the
gdImageGif test failing), but the gdImagePng test fails due to e.g.
PNG dependencies.

I would need to see the output from both tests to determine what's
actually wrong.