[GRASS5] NVIZ and filled polygons

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 25 03:19:34 EDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 12:41:50PM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > maybe I am overlooking something, but how to display polygons
> > filled in NVIZ? Is this feature eventually missing?
>
> what do you mean by this (does d.vect do it?)

Maybe I wasn't very clear here:

I have a 300MB area (DEM). A lakes map (vector polygons) shall be draped
over it.

To overlay with a lake vector map would be much more elegant and faster than
trying to overlay sites or another raster map. The only drawback is that the
lake polygons are currently not filled - only the lake boundaries are
shown.

Is it a complex task to (optionally) fill vector polygons in NVIZ? I am not
familiar with that, sorry...

 Markus