[GRASS5] [bug #976] (grass) v.transform would not read that header of files

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed Apr 3 04:31:17 EST 2002

On Friday 22 March 2002 09:17 am, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=976
>
> Subject: v.transform would not read that header of files
>
> Roger Miller /Carl Worth wrote
>
>  > > 10. v.out.ascii gave me a header with a blank line imbedded in it, and
>  > > v.transform would not read that header.
>  >
>  > As far as I used v.transform, it doesn't need a header. From
>  > http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/v.transform.html
>  > "An example of the pointsfile file:
>
> I just ran into the same bug. It's not in the pointsfile, but rather
> that v.out.ascii makes a blanks line in the header of the generated
> vector ascii file. Then, v.transform aborts when it encounters the
> blank line.
>
> I don't know which module is buggy here.

I have changed v.transform to read/write binary vectors.
Roger, can you test it?

BTW: I know, that it seems, that bug is in v.out.ascii, but because I have
never had such problems with v.out.ascii, I was not searching for that.
I can look at it, if you send me location with example map causing problems
(blank rows).

Radim