[GRASS5] [bug #976] (grass) v.transform would not read that header of files

rgrmill at rt66.com rgrmill at rt66.com
Thu Apr 4 12:41:34 EST 2002

Carl wrote:

> I'll have to look to see if I can dig something up or reproduce this.
>
> My recollection is that it was a map generated by v.in.dxf.

That was also true in my case, so I ran some tests, importing vector
files with v.in.dxf then exporting them with v.out.ascii.  They
consistently have a blank line after the first line of the header.

The problem appears to be that when v.in.dxf assigns the organization
name as "GRASS Development Team" on line 44 of make_header.c that it
includes a newline in the string.  The newline is stored in the binary
vector file header and when v.out.ascii prints the header it adds
another newline.  So we have a blank line.

I removed the newline in the string and it works fine, but I haven't set
up CVS write access yet, so the problem still needs to be fixed.

Roger Miller