[GRASS5] more vector problems

rgrmill at rt66.com rgrmill at rt66.com
Mon Apr 8 19:15:23 EDT 2002

More bad news, I'm afraid.

I tried to use d.zoom on a monitor with just a vector map displayed.
D.zoom required that I provide a raster file before it would work.  I
looked into the code and found that it would do that only if it couldn't
find the vector file in the monitor's pad.  Looking further I found that
d.what.vect also had the same problem; it always required me to provide
the name of the file to query even when the file was already displayed.

After poking about a bit I got into d.vect and replaced the calls to

D_add_to_list (G_recreate_command())

with

D_add_to_dig_list (G_fully_qualified_name(map_name,mapset)).

That made d.what.vect work.

After that change d.zoom would find the file but when I tried zooming in
I would get a blank screen.  D.zoom didn't redraw the screen after the
region was changed.

I got into d.zoom/cmd/main.c and commented out a section of code that
loaded values into a string pointed to by cmd and left cmd initialized
to NULL.  After that d.zoom worked fine.

I doubt that either of these changes are the fixes that the most recent
authors would make to get the code working right.

Roger Miller