[GRASS5] most recent snapshot

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 10 04:20:53 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:26:55AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Roger Miller wrote:
>
> > I dowloaded and compiled the most recent snapshot (March 22)  and thought I'd
> > report.  First, the changes to the monitor setup are a great improvement over
> > pre2.  I can now once more run GRASS monitors over a slow link.
>
> Having just checked the GRASS website, the issue has become more
> clear.
>
> The download page (http://grass.itc.it/download.html) lists four
>
>  Source Code for GRASS 5.0.0pre3: latest
>  official (pre-)release of the GRASS source
>  code based on the release branch below.
>
>  CVS release branch snapshot: a subset of
>  the experimental code frozen to only allow
>  bug fixes. Considered fairly stable code
>
>  CVS experimental tree (HEAD) snapshot:
>  The overall GRASS code base. Modules
>  which get stable are added to the release
>  branch, but this tree also contains less stable
>  modules such as the G3D voxel tools.
>
>  Direct access to GRASS-CVS server
>
> The second option ("CVS release branch snapshot") is effectively
> defunct, as the release branch was terminated on March 22. The third
> option ("CVS experimental tree (HEAD) snapshot") has a snapshot dated
> April 5.
>
> Someone should update this page to reflect the fact that the "release
> branch" snapshots are no longer being generated. Actually, that option
> should probably just be removed for now, as the snapshot to which it
> refers has the problems which Roger reported.

Yes. Every developer with write access can do that:

http://grass.itc.it/grasscvs.html
                    GRASS site web pages management (developers only)
                    Developers have access to maintain the GRASS web pages:

                          Set the CVSROOT variable (with your CVS ID)
                          cvs -z3 co web

                          The web site is updated by a cronjob in the early
                          Italian morning.

especially in case I am traveling around... I'll be offline till next week.

Best

 Markus