[GRASS5] Release Management (10 days to go before Freeze)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 12 12:39:35 EDT 2002

Attention: Here speaks the self elected release assisstant!

To all developers. This is a roadmap reminder.

	The code freeze for grass 5.0.0 release is coming up.

We plan to create the release branch early in the calender week 17
(starting with monday the 22th of april).
Then we will release grass5.0.0pre4 shortly after leading to grass5.0.0.
Only release critical bugs can be fixed on this cvs branch then.
All other have to wait for grass5.0.1.

	This leaves you ten more days to make sure the code you care about
	is in shape for release.

If you wonder what you can do, please help to fix bugs or
classify bugs from the bugtracker.
We have 25 open bugs right now.

We will release GRASS 5.0.0 this way. You've been warned!