[GRASS5] Release Management (10 days to go before Freeze)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 18 12:05:35 EDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:39:35PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Attention: Here speaks the self elected release assisstant!
>
> To all developers. This is a roadmap reminder.
>
> 	The code freeze for grass 5.0.0 release is coming up.
> 	=====================================================
>
> We plan to create the release branch early in the calender week 17
> (starting with monday the 22th of april).

Hi,

since monday the 22th is not far from today, we all should check

 - if GRASS still compiles with the Gmakefile changes
 - if all scripts are running due to the g.gisenv change
   (I need a suggestion to upgrade PERL scripts)
 - how we tag the modules which should go to the release branch
   (once I wrote tools/cvsbranch.sh for that, but that's pretty
    inconvenient. We should utilize src/CMD/lists/GRASS )
 - the d.zoom update should be present to reach consistency
 - v.[in|out].shape - working to be released?
 - many more issues

Happy hacking,

 Markus