[GRASS5] v.extract problems

rgrmill at rt66.com rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Apr 19 19:45:35 EDT 2002

Glynn,

I think the change you made is a good one, but I found another problem
that might not be related.  I ran the updated code against a vector file
with more than 10,000 categories and tried to extract subsets ranging
from 11 to more than 8,000 categories and consistently got seg faults.
The problem always happens at line 272 in main.c.

The problem might be related to skipped values in the category list, but
I can't confirm that.  It's hard enough putting together a file with
several thousand categories.  Doing it with several thousand categories
perfectly in sequence might be a bit much to expect :)

Roger