[GRASS5] v.extract problems

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Sat Apr 20 21:35:09 EDT 2002

Folks,

I put together a new test case that was a bit cleaner than the one I was
using previously.  Using the most recent version of v.extract I was able to
extract a file with 5,000 categories from a file with 53,000 (plus or minus)
categories without errors.  I also found no problem with the content of the
file produced.

Some of the problems I was finding earlier were apparently not inherent in
the code, but were triggered by some characteristic of the data I was using.
Quite possibly someone in the future will trigger the problem again.

Roger Miller