[GRASS5] Branching for 5.0.0 ahead

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 22 07:18:50 EDT 2002

Bernhard

on the item 2 I really agree with Glynn - For example, there were few times
when we
wanted to look at the 3D stuff and could not find the code  - by the time I
got it separately
from Markus I did not have time to look at it anymore. Many people just would
not go through
the hassle of dowloading extra software to fix the code. Essentially when
somebody
is looking at some functionality, finds it in manuals or knows about it , but
it is not compiled but the code is there
it may take just few hours or days to fix it. It is the time needed to figure
out where that code
is located that is the biggest obstacle.

Helena