[GRASS5] Branching for 5.0.0 ahead

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Apr 22 16:35:53 EDT 2002

rgrmill at rt66.com wrote:

> > > also:
> > The next two seem to be subprojects of the proj update:
> > >  - m.proj[2] needs the datum update to be synchonized with [rsv].proj
> > >    (it is easier to explain to users that datum transform is not there than
> > >     telling them which modules are updated already - which is great indeed)
> > >  - html pages need update for the nad2nad
>
> The proj library is updated in everything but the make process, which I
> think is in Glynn's capable hands.

It should be done, in that the .lla files are being compiled and
stored in $GISBASE/etc/nad.

A couple of issues:

1. Should the ntv1_can.dat file be copied to $GISBASE/etc/nad also?

2. What's the situation with the two-letter files (FL.lla etc)?
According to nad/README (in proj-4.4.5), these are NAD83->NAD83,
whereas the others (e.g. conus.lla) are NAD27->NAD83. Are they meant
to be applied as a "correction" after NAD27->NAD83 conversion?