[GRASS5] Zoom

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 23 17:13:18 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:05:33PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Friday 19 April 2002 06:33 pm, you wrote:
> > I don't think an initial menu that chooses between zoom/pan is very
> > useful.

> > Instead, I would make d.zoom and d.pan be separate commands.
>
> I know about that two clicks, but I could not find any other
> way, how to get pan and zoom to one module, which I consider to be useful.

I have to agree with Carl that the extra click to actually zoom
seem to be superflous.
Having a separate module is like having an extra mode for pan,
which seems reasonable to me.

It just occurred to me: Wouldn't zoom out and a subsequent zoom in
provide a reasonable pan functionality?

> As a solution, I suggest to add optional flag, which would skip the
> main menu, and start in zoom menu directly.

This should be the default I would assume.
So we could have a flag to add the extra mode selection
between zoom and pan for people who want this?

Making d.zoom more consistant with other modules certainly
is important, can you make an appropriate change in the CVS
so we can release?