[GRASS5] Zoom

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:26:41 EDT 2002

On Apr 23, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
 > It just occurred to me: Wouldn't zoom out and a subsequent zoom in
 > provide a reasonable pan functionality?

That does provide the functionality, but a d.pan command still
provides something important. Specifically, I would like an optional
argument or two for d.pan to move in fixed increments without clicking
at all.

With a command like that in place, one could bind the the four arrow
keys to call d.pan with the right arguments and have a very easy way
to pan around the map. (I'm thinking specifically here about handhelds
that often have a 4-direction pad which a user would expect to pan a
map around).

-Carl

--
Carl Worth
USC Information Sciences Institute                 cworth at east.isi.edu
3811 N. Fairfax Dr. #200, Arlington VA 22203		  703-812-3725