[GRASS5] [bug #1028] (grass) PNG driver - d.barscale

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Apr 24 10:53:44 EDT 2002

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > A (minor) problem is that the fonts used in d.barscale
> > are not consistent in PNG driver (CELL driver not tested).
> >
> > When placing a barscale with d.barscale in a GRASS monitor,
> > the size of "N" (north) and the number at the right (e.g. 10km)
> > are consistent. The same settings in PNG driver lead to a
> > too large number at the right.
>
> I am unable to reproduce this.
>
> I am also unable to see how this could happen; the text code isn't
> part of the individual drivers, it's common to all of them.
>
> Can you provide the region information, and the size of the monitors?

OK, I see what's happened; The PNG monitor is actually significantly
taller than the image which you provided.

The text at the RHS of the bar is text, which is sized as 1/40th of
the frame' height. The North symbol at the LHS is line art, and is
sized in pixels.

I've fixed the text size at 14 pixels.