[GRASS5] Script to build babyGRASS for handhelds

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Apr 24 11:12:36 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> for amusement I wrote attached script to compile
> a babyGRASS from a standard GRASS 5 source code version.
>
> It will generate a few important commands based on shared GRASS
> libraries. The size is 2.8MB on Linux.

If you're looking to save memory, generate stripped binaries, e.g.

	LDFLAGS=-s ./configure ...

You could also try optimising for size:

	CFLAGS=-Os LDFLAGS=-s ./configure ...

If you really want to save memory, you need a display driver which
doesn't require X. E.g. a modified PNG (i.e. GD) driver which outputs
to a framebuffer device.