[GRASS5] Branch created: Please test!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Apr 27 12:12:52 EDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 04:43:03PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Just removed the src.nonGPL from the release branch.
> > If we don't know if the software is compatible with the GNU GPL,
> > there is no point in releasing it.
> > Note: The software is still archived in HEAD.
>
> Is there any point in keeping it around? Will this code ever be used?
> The COPYRIGHT file for the "optri" library clearly says
> "non-commercial purposes".

A good question.
In general it is better to keep some stuff before it is lost.
So we will keep it in the archives somewhere.
On the other hand I do not think it will make it into grass51.
We also might think about removing it from the current HEAD branch.

Additionally there might be some code in there that is only
partially non-free or depending on non-free code.