[GRASS5] Re: About Grass 5 contributions

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 29 07:34:24 EDT 2002

Hi Ricardo,
(cc grass5)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:53:25PM -0400, Ricardo Strauch wrote:
> Markus:
>
> We saw your name as coordinator of the Grass 5 team. We found grass
> powerfull and usefull. How could whe contribute to the proyect.
> We found that there are some topics where we can help. Our team is in Chile
> (south america). We think that there are some peniemnt jobs like:
> Spanish  lenguaje support (bin and help file)
> More intuitive user interface (for MS Win users)
> Internet display options
>
> ¿Do you have plans to develop some upgrades in this areas?
>

> Regards
>
> Ricardo Strauch

all suggested improvements are very welcome. May I suggest that you
subscribe to the GRASS developers mailing list:

http://grass.itc.it/grassdevel.html#list

Some work on internationalization has been started by
Alex Shevlakov  (reach through above mailing list), examples
are in
  src.garden/grass.postgresql
(using "gettext"). He implemented a Russian translation.

For a more intuitive user interface please send a proposal to
the mailing list - it will be of wide interest. The same for
internet interfacing.

Meet you soon in "grass5" mailing list,
best regards

  Markus Neteler