[GRASS5] Re: 2 bug fixes for recent experimental release

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 29 12:57:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:44:44PM -0400, Jaro Hofierka wrote:
> Markus,
>
> recently I did a cvs update of my experimental grass code and I realized
> that some scripts did not work (e.g. g3.createwind). I removed all grass
> files and re-installed it using a snapshot. The same result.
> I have found out that the problem is in ~/src/general/init/init.sh where
> the followong line is missing: export LOCATION
> (when you cd to $LOCATION, it does not work).

Jaro,
(cc grass5)

LOCATION is deprecated to allow for parallel sessions.
See
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2002-March/002417.html

All scripts have been updated accordingly. I also updated
the g3.createwind and friends recently, perhaps that's
not yet in the CVS snapshot.

You can easily update
cd grasssrc
cvs login
PW: grass
cvs up -dP

Then recompile. There is no need to delete code locally,
just upgrade as above.

The trick to update scripts is: Add on top:
eval `g.gisenv`
: ${GISBASE?} ${GISDBASE?} ${LOCATION_NAME?} ${MAPSET?}
LOCATION=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET

The $LOCATION must be constructed inside the script now.

Note: For PERL scripts I do not have a cool codepiece yet.
Only a workaround to simulate the "eval" function from shell scripts
in PERL scripts (help desired).

> Also, in r3.showdspf.openGL the following library has to be added to
> Gmakefile in order to get compilation without errors: -lGLw

I assume that the problem is elsewhere since no longer hardcoded
library names should be used (portability). This is defined
by "configure".

I'll check that since I also have troubles to compile it.

> The corrected files are in the fix.tar.gz file bellow. Please update
> your cvs files. Thanks.

More soon,

 Markus