[GRASS5] [bug #1033] (grass) motif and configure

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Apr 29 15:32:43 EDT 2002

Request Tracker wrote:

> it seems that there are problems to pick up the
> MOTIF/lesstif libs/includes:
>
> configure
> [...]
> checking whether to use Motif... yes
> checking for location of Motif includes...
> /usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/include
> checking for Xm/Xm.h... yes
> checking for location of Motif library... /usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib
> checking for XmStringCreate in -lXm... yes
> [...]
>
> so far so nice. But
>
> grep OPEN src/CMD/head/*
> src/CMD/head/head.i686-pc-linux-gnu:OPENGLINC           =
> src/CMD/head/head.i686-pc-linux-gnu:OPENGLwINC          =
> src/CMD/head/head.i686-pc-linux-gnu:OPENGLLIB           =   -lGL
> src/CMD/head/head.i686-pc-linux-gnu:OPENGLULIB          =   -lGLU
>
> does not contain the directories.

1. Are we discussing OpenGL or Motif here?

2. It probably doesn't need any directories. Any program using either
OpenGL or Motif will have to include the appropriate X flags (neither
library will work without X) so, if those libraries are in
/usr/X11R6/lib, no additional switches need to be added by configure.

Given the configure output, I *would* expect to see directories for
the Motif libraries, e.g. something like:

XMLIB               = -L/usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib -lXm

> Therefore
> r3.showdspf.opengl
> does not compile.

3. Or are we discussing the OpenGL widget library (lib*GLw*)? Which is
a separate problem to either OpenGL or Motif.