[GRASS5] GRASS GUI

Christian Wygoda crischan at wygoda.net
Mon Apr 15 00:40:03 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

Looks like the talk on the right GUI for GRASS is getting a little
warmer... While QGIS is a very good GIS application supporting GRASS I
think that what Michael, Martin and myself are exchanging thoughts about
now is where GRASS's *own* display abilities are headed.

As GRASS moves to version 7, it is only natural that the display module
of GRASS is part of that process. In my opinion the d.* modules and
especially the interface to them do not reflect current GUI abilities.

So let's keep pondering where me might head with that. If we in the end
start work on our own GUI for GRASS is not yet said though some might
think that this is neccessary (that includes me).

Crischan